Forever Young

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Broadway!!!

Last night we had the once in a lifetime opportunity to see a Broadway musical! It was fantastic!! Mary Poppins has been one of my favorite movies since I was a child, so I was very excited to see it would be on Broadway when we were in town. I priced tickets online before we left and was very disappointed to see how much they cost. On our trip into NYC our driver told us of a place to get half price tickets so I was very excited. At 3 pm they open up ticket windows and sell whatever tickets are left for same day shows that start at 8pm. So, I walked down to Times Square and arrived at 3 and found a very long line. I've heard when the weather is better the lines are even longer. They did a great job of herding the people through the lines and it moves quickly. They literally have people who stand there and yell at you, "move up...step forward....keep moving." When I got to the window, I found out they did have tickets available for Mary Poppins. Yeah!! I got two orchestra level seats in row P for about the same price as one ticket in the upper level seats that I had seen online!

We were not allowed to take any pictures during the production, but this is before it started.
Mary Poppins was playing in the beautiful New Amsterdam Theater.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home