Forever Young

Thursday, November 20, 2008

TV

After I had Brandon, I went back to work part time. Todd and I were trying to figure out ways for me to be able to be home with him full time. One thing we did to reduce our expenses was to cancel our cable TV. We purchased "rabbit ears" and were able to pick up the basic 10-12 channels for free. Well, that has been 8 years ago and we have opted to continue living without paying for cable. The only kid channel that we can pick up with the antenna is PBS, and I am usually okay with the kid shows on that channel so I don't have to worry about them watching a show that I do not approve of. One good thing about not having cable is that we don't waste as much time flipping through the channels to see what is on. It only takes a few minutes (seconds?) to flip through our 10-12 channels to see what is on. But I have also discovered another benefit to not having cable TV....commercials. PBS is usually the only channel that my kids watch, and there are no commercials on that station. Yesterday we sat at the pediatric dentist's office and they had a TV showing one of the kid stations. I can't remember which one it was, but it wasn't PBS. We sat there about 30 minutes or so, and I can't even tell you how many times I heard Bekah say, "I want that....ooh can I have that?" I probably would have heard it from Brandon too, but he was doing his school work. I am so thankful that I do not have to listen to that every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home