Forever Young

Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Old Man

On Thursday, my "Old Man" celebrated his 35th birthday! (I am 10 weeks older than him, so I can call him "old" if I want to!) Typically he takes the day off from work for his birthday, but this year he was out of PTO so he had to work. He also had to attend classes from 4-7, but managed to have a little time to celebrate his special day!
The kids got up early to see Daddy before he left for work and give him birthday cards. I made the usual birthday breakfast: cinnamon rolls!
He got a Star Wars game for the Wii.

And Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for the Wii. Boys and their toys....

The kids and I drove over to Louisville so we could see Todd on his lunch break. We took him out to eat at Qdoba.


Enjoying lunch and time with Todd...

When Todd arrived home after class, we had a family party. The kids decorated the house with balloons and streamers. They also made him another card each. I cooked hamloaf, which is one of his favorite dishes that I don't cook very often. I also attempted to make his mom's cobbler cake with buttercream frosting. After eating, he spent the rest of the evening trying out his 2 new games for the Wii. I think he was blessed with a happy birthday!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Tanja said…

    Love that picture of Todd doing his Aerosmith impersonation. :-) Tell him happy birthday from us!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home