Forever Young

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Silly Brandon

Okay, so I have to tell you all what Brandon said the other day. He says, "Mommy, I think I know how I got diabetes." I say, "Really? How?" He says, "From chewing so much gum." I am very confused and ask why he would think that. He says, "Because I saw in a magazine something called Serious Gum Disease and diabetes was listed on there."
Okay, I think I might have laughed out loud, or at least smiled. Then I politely explained that your gum is what holds your teeth in your mouth. And they can become diseased because you have diabetes. And then I had to think a few minutes about all the long term possiblities for Brandon's health....And then I had to stop. It can become depressing if I let my mind wander there. I really don't think of it on a daily basis because he does so well with managing his diabetes. He almost seems just "normal." Whatever "normal" is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home