Forever Young

Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring!


We have all been very excited that spring has finally arrived. It is very enjoyable after a long, cold winter! We actually had a chance of snow a couple of days this month, but I believe that is finally over. Me and the kids have been eating lunch outside and playing outside in the afternoons. We've been going for walks and enjoying all the flower and blooming trees, etc. Bekah loves all the yellow and purple flowers in our yard. To her, even the weeds are great! Bekah and I are both actually a little bit sunburned on our shoulders. The high temps have been in the mid-70's for the last few days which is just perfect. I have worked on the flower beds and mowed the yard for the first time this year. Our beautiful azalea bushes will be blooming soon. The kids helped me clear a bunch of dried up tree leaves that had blown into the bushes and gotten stuck. Brandon's arms broke out in hives from that, so I'm not sure if he has an allergy to azaleas or what. My tulips did nothing this year, which was a bit disappointing. I had 2 coming up but I think a late round of snow and cold got them. But, soon I'll be planting marigolds and other flowers, and hopefully it will be looking nice. I just snapped a picture of Bekah today as we were out playing and thought I'd share it with you all! Happy Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home