Forever Young

Friday, February 01, 2008

Back to the Grind

Well, we enjoyed our holidays and are now back to the grind. Todd has started his second semester of Greek and it will be a tough class. I know he'll do great; it will just be a lot of hours of hard work.
Brandon is in full swing in school. We are continuing our "trip around the world" and studying different countries and cultures. We are just finishing up the study of France. I made a quiche one night and the kids loved it! I also had my first attempt at making crepes. Not so great, but Brandon enjoyed them. Bekah, on the other hand, did not really care for them. Oh well...so I'm not a French chef! Brandon has recently been learning cursive writing and seems to be doing very well with it. He asks if he can use it for school assignments, and sometimes I let him. He still has a few questions about how to connect certain letters, but it actually is looking quite nice (I'm sure it looks better than mine did at his age!). He is also plugging away on his multiplication tables and is doing well.
Bekah has started back to her gymnastics class. She is loving it each week. I can see a definite improvement over when we started the classes a year ago. She also continues to show a real interest in dance classes, so we may pursue that next. She is doing well with her school too. She is getting better and better at reading simple words and her writing is improving also. I think it will be a breeze when she starts kindergarten next year. She is also getting excited to start back to story time at the library which begins in a few weeks.
I am staying busy with the kids and stuff at home. I'll be starting back with my Bible study at church next week. We'll be studying the book of Colossians this semester. I read through the book this morning and it is jam packed with a lot of good stuff so it should be a good class. I'm debating about taking a class at the seminary the second half of this semester. I guess I'll see how Todd's Greek class is going and see if he can spare 6 Thursday nights to watch the kids or not. I am also trying to stay active working out at the gym we joined. I try to get over there 3 to 4 times a week if I can work it out (meaning find someone to keep the kids).
There is a possibility that I might get to go with Todd on a business trip to NYC at the end of February. If we can come up with the money for a plane ticket, all the other expenses would be paid for. And we have grandparents who would love an excuse to keep our kids for us!! So, we'll see if we can work it out.
I think that about sums up what is going on with us lately!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home