Forever Young

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A friend reunion

Recently me and the kids spent a week in Maryville, Tennessee, with Todd's family (and Todd spent the week at home working and studying and going to class). Todd and I used to live in Knoxville, Tennessee, so we have a lot of friends in that area. I tried to spend the week catching up with old friends that we haven't seen in a while. We've been gone from there for a little over 5 years and some of my friends I haven't seen in that long. It was a great week for catching up and letting my kids make new friends!

We usually visit with Michelle and her kids at least a few times a year, so my kids always love the chance to spend time with them. The girls are all dressed up.

The boys are ready for a battle.

This is my friend Angela from college. We hung out at the BSU together. She makes me laugh like few others can!


My friend LeighAnn has 3 boys. We spent an afternoon at the park and my kids really enjoyed making new friends. We hadn't seen them in several years!

LeighAnn and her crew of boys!

We got to spend an afternoon with my friend April. She was Brandon's babysitter when I was working part time after Brandon was born. She kept him the first year of his life and was a wonderful babysitter!!

Brandon and Bekah both enjoyed playing with April's 2 dogs!


My friend Julia has a 4 year old named Zoe that I had never met in person (only seen in photos). It was great to finally meet her and spend an evening together!
A new friend!

Julia and Zoe

Melody, Julia, Dana and I have been friends since junior high school. We have tried to get together as much as we can over the years. It had been a long time since we had all been together, so we decided to all spend an afternoon together at Melody's house

Melody's triplets

Julia's oldest, Madie

Julia and Melody with Julia's youngest, Noah.

Melody's back yard was filled with fun toys.

Melody also has guinea pigs that the kids loved!

Dana and Melody chatting

Melody's indoor playroom was as much fun as the back yard!

After spending the afternoon with 10 kids between the 4 of us, we decided that we needed an evening out without the kids! So, we went out to dinner and brought along the ever popular rook cards!!

A nice dinner with rook cards on the table! I won't mention who won, but I'm sure Julia and Dana want a chance for a rematch :-) !

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Kara said…

    That looks like fun too! I like the indoor playroom! And those triples are so big! That would be chaos 10 kids!! But hey you can handle 6 on your own so I am not surprised!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home