Forever Young

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

"Reading"

Bekah has learned all the letters of the alphabet and the sounds that they make. She still gets confused on a few lower case letters, but she is doing very well. I have been using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons for her school time (by the way, I highly recommend this book). It is just starting to click with her about how to link the sounds together to form words. She is reading simple words like rat, me, see, etc. She is at the stage where she notices letters everywhere and loves to tell you what they are. Reading is still a chore for her, so she likes to try to guess what a word is at times instead of sounding it out. Yesterday we all went out for breakfast (Todd took the day off) at A Nice Restaurant. I love the name of the restaurant because it is so confusing. "Where do you want to eat?" "A Nice Restaurant." "Which one?" "The one I just told you!" Reminds me of the ""Who's on first?" routine! Anyway, we were eating there and Bekah noticed some letters above the door. Todd asked her what letters she saw and she replied, "E-X-I-T." Then he asked her what do those letters spell? And she replied very quickly and proudly, "Come in!" Todd and I got a chuckle out of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home