Forever Young

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Symphony

Last Saturday we got to have a date night! I had bought Todd tickets to the Louisville Symphony Orchestra for Christmas. They were playing songs from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and they also had choirs singing with them. Todd loves the movies so I knew he would love to hear the music. Our seats ended up being on the very, very farthest back and highest up row in the whole place (that means I bought the cheap tickets)! But, we could still hear just fine and it was wonderful!! My neighbor kept the kids for us and she even said we could leave earlier and eat first if we wanted. So, we took advantage of that and went to eat at O'Charleys. I tried a new dish called orange peel chicken. It was delicious....a little bit spicy but a wonderful flavor. I highly recommend it. It is normally served on rice, but since I don't like rice I asked if I could have it without the rice. The waitress said I could substitute another side dish, so I chose the smashed potatoes. She specifically asked me if I wanted the chicken over the potatoes or the potatoes on the side. I chose them on the side, but lo and behold, my dish was served with the chicken over the potatoes. When the kitchen girl brought it out I guess she thought it seemed odd and asked me if that was how I wanted it. I told her, no, that I wanted the potatoes on the side. So, they had to take it back and fix it. I didn't complain or anything, but they offered to not charge me for my meal! Yeah!! What a nice treat for waiting a few extra minutes. We had a wonderful evening together and are ready to do it again!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home