Forever Young

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Todd has always loved eating at good steak restaurants. Somewhere along the way, he heard really good things about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and he always wanted to eat there. Many years ago we were on vacation in Atlanta and went to check out the Ruth's Chris there and considered eating there. Then we saw the menu with the prices and we decided it was not in our price range! So, Todd didn't get to try out this long anticipated restaurant. So, then in 2002 when we moved to Louisville Todd saw that Louisville has a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. He got excited hoping maybe we could try it out sometime since we'd be so close. I laughed and said yeah, right, we can't afford that. I told him that someday when he graduates from seminary I would take him there. Well, 7 1/2 years later, I had to keep my word. So last week I took him out for a dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

The food was really , really good. But we decided it was not worth the price. I know you are paying for the service and the atmosphere, etc. But we're just not fancy people. We'd rather go to Outback for a steak! We ordered off the "cheap" menu and only got water to drink. And we still spent $115 for the two of us. Ouch! But, It was a memorable one time experience and I'm glad Todd got to fulfill a long awaited dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home