Forever Young

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vacation Pictures

Todd and I left for vacation on Friday afternoon when he got off from work. Our kids had been spending the week with their grandparents, so it was just the two of us. We travelled to Murfreesboro, TN on Friday evening and stopped there for the night. We checked out the mall there and stopped at Wal-Mart to buy some drinks for the road. It's a whole lot cheaper to do that than pay over $1 per drink individually. We got up on Saturday morning and drove down to Ringgold, GA where my Pap Paw lives. We were having a party to celebrate his 94th birthday. My parents were already there, so we were reunited with our kids when we got there! Here are some pictures from the party.

We all ate lunch at the Golden Corral.

Everyone looks hungry!
After lunch we came back to my Pap Paw's house for cake and homemade ice cream. Yummy! We all brought cash and cards for his birthday. We decorated the money tree with all the cash!
This is my cousin, Kristy with Bekah.

Bekah giving Great PapPaw his card that she made.


Brandon doing the same....

Me and Kristy just cheezin'.

I think he is happy at his party!
After the party, we left Ringgold and were heading to Maryville, TN to spend the night with Todd's parents. We stopped at the mall in Chattanooga, TN to see my friend Jennifer. They have a kids play area in the mall, so that's where we hung out.
Bekah, and a bunch of other kids, enjoying the play area.

Me and Jennifer catching up....

Jennifer and her husband, Jim, and son, James. She has another son, Jacob, but he wasn't with her. Jennifer and I met in high school in 10th grade and roomed together our first year of college. I am blessed to have such great friends and to keep up with them all these years!!

We made it to Maryville around 8pm on Saturday evening and Todd's mom had supper ready for us. I have lots more pictures to post, but I'm out of time for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home