Forever Young

Saturday, June 23, 2007

A dangerous week!

This week both of my kids had accidents. No, not in their pants, accidents that could have caused them harm. But, thankfully, everyone is fine.
On Wednesday, we were invited to swim with some friends at their pool. So, we went and had a great time. Then, we were leaving the pool to go inside and have some lunch. We got all dried off and covered up and were walking out, and Bekah fell into the deep end of the pool. She had no flotation devices on as we were leaving the pool. Of course, I jumped in and scooped her out. She coughed up some water, and she was dazed for a few moments, but she recovered quickly. I was only a couple of steps behind her when she fell, but I didn't actually see her fall. She said she was looking off to the side, and I assume her foot just got too close to the pool when she took a step. Thankfully, she's fine, and maybe she'll remember to pay more attention when she's walking around a pool!
Then, last night all 4 of us were enjoying jumping on the trampoline together. Todd had gotten off, and Brandon and I were having a contest to see who could bounce on their bottom and pop up to their feet the most times without stopping. I had just started bouncing and evidently Brandon was too close to the edge, and he popped right off of the trampoline. I saw him flying through the air, but there was nothing I could do to stop him. He landed on his bottom and back and banged his head on the ground. He cried for a little while, but seemed to recover pretty quickly also. He was ready to jump on the trampoline some more.
I am thankful that we trust in a sovereign God to take care of our children (and ourselves!). I know that if things were left completely up to me, my kids would be in bad shape! I need to remember more often to trust God completely and not to work in my own strength. God loves Brandon and Bekah more than I do and he is more than able to protect them from any accidents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home